Feb 18, 2008

Ssssscore!

I've been on a hunt for a vintage typewriter for a while now and being picky of the size and the quality didn't help much.. But yesterday, my bf finally convinced me to go the the Long Beach flea market, and after debating if it was worth waking up at crack of dawn to go there without having any guarantees to find anything half decent, I finally decided to give it a shot!!! (ok, if wasn't crack of dawn, it was 8 in the morning, but hey! For me, they're the same thing, ha!)

So, did I find the lucky treasure? Yes, indeed. I got this baby in my possession now and along with that, I was lucky enough to find a vintage gumball machine, yay!!! Now all I have to do is find a good place for it in my apartment so they they can really shine... :)


I have a good feeling that flea market would be a monthly ritual now.. I couldn't believe all the little treasures that they were selling, whew~! If I had brought more cash, I might've bought more than my small apartment can hold, haha!!

4 comments:

justem said...

I love your typewriter!! I've been looking all over for one, too!

Liz said...

What a gorgeous typewriter! I'm sure it will be a great topic of conversation for your guests and also look super cool in your apartment. You know what they say about the "Early Bird" WTG!!!

JACQ said...

wow! i'm soooo jealous. I wish there were flea markets over here.... :(

Jamie Ko said...

I almost went on Sunday too...so if you go again next month, wanna go together?? you know I bought my typewriter at the Long Beach Antique market too...