Sep 29, 2009

Paper Wreath Tutorial!



Hey everyone! A sweet lady showed me this simple way to fold a punched circle at CHA... she showed me how I could make a flower from the folded circles. I have since had this idea pop into my head. I went out the other day and got everything I needed for this project. The beauty of this project is that it's not really that difficult and it can be changed based on the holiday or season. You could make a valentine wreath, easter wreath, halloween wreath, fall, etc. by simply changing the color/pattern of the paper you choose and changing the embellishments you use... maybe some easter eggs for easter or some stars for the fourth of july!

First, the finished product:





OK.
here's what you need:
1. Patterned Papers (you need at least 2 sheets and possibly more if your wreath is large)
2. Styrofoam wreath (I used a small one - aprox 8.5 inches across). I also chose a white wreath but you could probably save time by getting one of the green colored ones.
3. Paint- if you need to paint your syrofoam
4. Hole punch (mine is 1 3/8")
5. Mounting double sided tape (or your favorite craft glue)
6. Brads, sequins or embellishments of choice
7. Straight pins
8. ribbon

I used Piggy Tales patterned papers, Creative Imaginations brads and flowers. Making Memories leaf straight pins, WRMK glittered brads.

Instructions:
I painted my white syrofoam green with pebbles inc acrylic paint and allowed it to dry completely.
Cut many, many circles from patterned paper using your hole punch. Then, fold them all...




If you want to hang your wreath with a ribbon then start by tying and securing your ribbon around your wreath.
Cut your mounting tape into thin strips (I found that the scotch mounting strips I was using were too thick). Place the folded circles inside one another and mount onto foam wreath. Cover the entire wreath with folded circles as seen.

Next, embellish away. I found that I needed to add a bit of adhesive to the base of some of my brads to make sure they stayed in place. Then I used straight pins to pin my "poinsettia" flowers in place up at the top. Hang and enjoy!

As far as storage goes- My wreath is small enough that I carefully placed it in a gallon ziploc storage bag. Just make sure the wreath isn't placed under something that could squish the leaves.

Be sure to show me your creation if you choose to make one of these!

11 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

This is gorgeous, Charity!!! WOW! Thanks for sharing the how to with us!

Klau.Brazil said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

milkcan said...

AMAZING! I love it!

bethchien said...

such a beautiful and creative project!

Anonymous said...

This is so fabulous Charity!

Jess said...

so impressive! love it!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What a gorgeous and brilliant idea! I love it!!!
TFS!!! :*)
~ margie

Jen said...

I love this Charity! It would look great with the Blue Graphic 45 paper sent out w/ September's kit!

Christine said...

This is such a great project! I can't wait to try this out this weekend!

Nadya 's World!!! said...

This is so beautiful!!! I'll have to make on of these!!! :)
You have a great blog!!! :)

Kimberly said...

This is so AWESOME! What a great idea...and totally fun! Thanks for sharing this fun technique! xoxo
Loves,
K