Sep 9, 2009

September Daily in Progress...


Last month, I made the bones of my September Daily Album. Here's the cover:
...and a few pages from inside:

This is such an easy way to use up the bits and pieces left over from your kit. Nothing goes to waste and you've got a head start on your next project. Plus, you know it all works together, so there's no need to even think about it!

Every day this month, I've been adding photos, text, memorabilia, and whatever supplies are lying around. It's only the 9th, but here are a few of my favorite before and afters:

On the left, the bare bones page. On the right, the finished product. I used a grouping of Hambly rub-ons to add journaling spots to the top of my page.
The top is the bare bones page and on the bottom, the finished product. Notice how I tucked my photo underneath the long Chatterbox tag running across the center of the right hand page. I love the seamless look that creates!
On the right, I created an overlay page from a Hambly transparency. I love the way it frames the photo. You can see the overlay page a bit better in this photo:

This is such a fast and fun way to do your memory keeping. The next time you have kit leftovers, I hope you'll consider making a daily album!

5 comments:

Kaytee said...

That is really cool!! Great idea!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I agree! This is really cool! A brilliant idea to have laying around and adding to when able ;)
I just received my Bind-it-all and I cannot wait to give it a try!
Thanx for the inspiration :)
~ margie

Leigh Penner said...

Love this!!

Jennifer Yates said...

This is awesome Julie! :))

Beate said...

Oh, I love the idea to use all the scraps from the kit!It looks like it is turning out super cute!